top of page
  • Writer's pictureConnect and Grow

Why everyone should have an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)

Setting up an enduring power of attorney (EPA), is a sensible way to ensure your family can support you if you become ill or lose capacity. You can use an EPA to appoint a trusted friend or family member as your attorney, giving them the authority to manage your property and affairs.

An EPA will not only provide for unexpected events, but it can also be used temporarily if you are going overseas and want someone to manage your affairs until you return.

There are two types of EPA - you could consider both:

  1. Property: This is used to manage your financial affairs and assets.

  2. Personal Care and Welfare: This is used for managing your personal health and wellbeing.

Contact your lawyer or a provider like Public Trust or Perpetual Guardian for more information.

Don't leave your affairs to chance.



bottom of page